There are two airlines flying to Iceland.
- Iceland Express from Copenhagen and London
- Icelandair from Copenhagen, Oslo, Paris, Stockholm and various other cities
Participants can either use the service of the official travel agency of the congress, Islandia in Stockholm, or arrange the travel on their own. Those who make their own arrangement can easily find hotels in Reykjavík using e.g. Google.com
Islandia Travel Package
The Islandia travel agency has put together a travel package for the congress which includes
- air travel with Icelandair from Paris, Copenhagen, Oslo, or Stockholm on Wednesday January 5 and back Monday January 10
- 5 nights in a double room with breakfast at the Radisson SAS Hotel Saga, right next to the university campus. (The stay can be extended, see below.) (Notice the special offer for participants flying from Paris.)
The price of the package is (including taxes)
- From Paris SEK 7795 (ca. € 850)
- from Copenhagen SEK 5650 (ca. DKK 4570)
- from Oslo SEK 5790 (ca. NOK 5465)
- from Stockholm SEK 5570
- from Helsinki ca. SEK 7070 (ca. € 774)
Airport-taxes are subject to change. Extra charge for a single room at Hotel Saga for the 5 nights is SEK 1675 (ca € 185).
These are the flights in question
Januari 5 BD 174 Paris/Charles de Gaulle - London/Heathrow 09:45 - 10:15 January 5 FI 451 London/Heathrow - Reykjavik 13:00 - 16:00 January 10 FI 542 Reykjavik - Paris/Charles de Gaulle 07:50 - 12:10 January 5 FI 205 Copenhagen - Reykjavik 13:20-15:30 January 10 FI 204 Reykjavik - Copenhagen 08:00-12:00 January 5 FI 321 Oslo - Reykjavik 14:05-15:45 January 10 FI 320 Reykjavik - Oslo 07:35-11:05 January 5 FI 307 Stockholm - Reykjavik 13:20-15:30 January 10 FI 306 Reykjavik - Stockholm 07:45-11:40 January 5 SK 703 Helsinki - Stockholm 11:05-11:05 January 5 FI 307 Stockholm - Reykjavik 13:20-15:30 January 10 FI 306 Reykjavik - Stockholm 07:45-11:40 January 10 SK 704 Stockholm - Helsinki 15:00-16:55
Note that local time in Iceland is Greenwich mean time which is one hour behind Scandinavia and France at this time of year.
Please observe that we only have a limited number of seats reserved in these flights and reservations will be made on a first come first serve basis.
Reservations must be made no later than 5 November 2004. To make a reservation or obtain further travel information, contact Bryndis Sverrisdottir by e-mail at email@example.com, by phone at +46-8-545 50 999, or by fax at +46 8 545 50 998. Tickets must be paid in advance and, once they have been paid, will be mailed out 3 weeks prior to departure.
Cancellation insurance is SEK 200 extra (ca € 22). Connecting flights may be booked through Islandia for those who need them (at extra charge, of course), as well as flights for participants from outside Scandinavia or France.
The agency can include the congress fee in the travel package. Participants who arrange their own travel must pay using the method descibed on the registration page.
Extending your stay
This can be arranged by Islandia. The additional cost is approximately SEK 400 (ca € 44) for the flights, SEK 590 (ca € 65) per night for a double room, and SEK 925 (ca € 100) per night for a single room at Hotel Saga. Various sight-seeing tours are available.
Special offer for participants flying from Paris
- air travel with Icelandair from Paris on Monday January 3 and back on Monday January 10
- 7 nights with breakfast at the Radisson SAS Hotel Saga,
- the price is SEK 8030 (ca. € 895 ) if staying in a double room and SEK 10.375 (ca. € 1195) in a single room.
January 3 FI 543 Paris/Charles de Gaulle - Reykjavik 13:20 15:50 January 10 FI 542 Reykjavik - Paris/Charles de Gaulle 07:50 12:10